Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Your First Love: Our First Theme

For our first theme, I want to hear about your first love.  It wasn't necessarily the first cookbook you ever owned.  It might not even have been the fourth or fifth.  You know the one I'm talking about.  It's the first cookbook you ever really fell in love with.  It's the one that ignited the spark for all the other books to follow.

Even though I have over 200 cookbooks now, I will always remember the first one that started the obsession.  Let's hear about yours!

In order to kick things off, I'm posting this theme early.  Normally, the theme will be posted every other Monday.  I'm tacking on an extra few days to get things rolling.  Please add your link to the Mr. Linky (a permalink please--meaning to the post, not to the front page) by November 7.
Happy cooking!

8 comments:

  1. Hi, I"m Carolyn. I don't use cookbooks a ton but love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like a cool idea but I don't have much of a cookbook collection. I do love them but manage to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neither my first wife nor myself could do more with cooking than not starve. OK, I could broil a steak.

    We bought Joy of Cooking and we both read it, not looked for recipes, but read it as a book.

    I made their lamb stew, I had to go buy white pepper.

    Several years later, I made that lamb stew for my then girl-friend, a little slip of thing, who had fourths. Not long after, with the help of my four year old, I made her Coq au Vin out of one of the Time Life series.

    I should point out that the blog, I point to is actually her menu blog and I think she is downstairs cutting up a chicken. It will be 30 years soon.

    My blog is at http://blog.charcuteire.com and I should be posting the end of next week on Meat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog Alison! This sounds like a fun idea. I'll keep checking in and hopefully post on your next theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for commenting on my blog, Allison. I love this idea--but must be honest that my life is currently crazy hectic. I'll try to participate as time permits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Allison...thanks for stopping by my blog. Love this idea. It would get me to use my collection of cookbooks more. Looking forward to the next challenge in November.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My name is Rachel. I found this website through one of my favorite food blogs, Culinary Concoctions by Peabody, and thought it was a great idea. I have been collecting cookbooks and cookbook recipes for years. I just finished my first post for your blog, and I hope it is what you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you don't mind that I added my link late. I posted my first love recipe yesterday and wanted to link to you because I pitched your blog in the post. I think this is a fantastic idea for a group and I'd love to see it take off.

    Looking forward to reading up on the other links as well!

    Will probably have to sit out the next challenge as I'm up to my ears in Thanksgiving prep ... but I'll join in for the next one for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete